Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jesse

Okay, I admit it upfront, this post is a total brag-fest about my Jesse. Jesse is almost 2 1/2 years old and he is a total doll. I recently forwarded on one of those getting to know you emails. One of the questions was what takes your breath away. The first thing that came to mind was Jesse's eyes. He has the biggest blue eyes you will ever see and they are so full of love and laughter. And he has a way of looking right into my eyes that makes my heart melt and takes my breath away. He is a very loving child, and will pick up on anything. Our nicknames for the boys are "big stinky and little stinky"--I know, I know I hate the names too but they've just stuck and we always say it with love:) Anyway, the other day Phil was saying something to Jesse about being little stinky and asked if Trey was big stinky and Jesse looked right at him and said, "no you're big stinky". Jesse also knows most of his colors and shapes. However, he shocked me the other day when he pointed to a picture of a stop sign in one of his books and said octagon. He's learning to count and can identify a triceratops and a T-Rex (thanks to Trey, I'm sure:) He also loves to sing...the Veggie Tales theme, ABC's, pretty much any song he hears. Lately his favorite has been, If You're Happy and You Know It. I've posted a video below of him singing it this past Sunday. Sorry that it starts out sideways...I figured it out and turned it:) Also, he runs in from the hall because I was trying to get him to wait to start singing, and I said ready, set, go which to him means to take off racing.

No comments: