As hard as it is for me to believe, my Trey turned seven years old on Friday, February 6th. I began a tradition on his very first birthday that I have managed to keep up with every year. Every year, on his birthday, I take a set of pictures of Trey in one of his Daddy's shirts. The idea is to see how he has grown, and to watch as the shirt that once swallowed him whole slowly begins to fit. We're not at the fitting part yet, but as you will see, the shirt is no longer swallowing him whole. The shirt that I chose to use is the one that his Daddy wore at our wedding reception. As you can imagine, taking pictures of him in a shirt that is much too big has not always been an easy task. We've had tears, and running from the camera to say the least. I've had to capture him while he was watching t.v., crying, etc. In spite of all the challenges some of my all time favorite pictures of Trey, and some that show his personality so well, have come from these photo shoots. As he has gotten older he has come to enjoy these photo shoots, and it is one of the rare times that he actually cooperates with my picture taking. So on Friday, I held back the tears, pulled the shirt out of the closet, and once again took photos of my baby who has grown so much.
2003, Age 1


1 comment:
Aww Christy, what a great idea! I got a little teary eyed thinking of you taking the shirt out of the closet on his birthday.
Post a Comment