Happy Birthday Daddy!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Happy Birthday Daddy!
Today was hubby's ?? birthday! He kicked the day off by taking our little stinker fishing. This was Jesse's third fishing trip with Daddy. Jesse's first fishing trip was when he was about 8 months or so??? Mommy wanted to go along with Daddy and Trey and try to capture them on film catching a shark. I did. Jesse, however, was not a happy camper during this boat ride. And when we got back to land...Mommy fell out of the boat, flat on her back on the asphalt. Luckily Daddy was holding Jesse at the time. Mommy has NOT been fishing since. Jesse's second adventure in fishing was about a year ago. Daddy took both boys to Banks lake...the one with all the alligators. He assured me that it was too cold for the alligators to be moving. I was very unsure about Jesse making the trip. But...I was taking online classes to renew my teaching certificate and I needed everyone out of the house, sooooo I gave in. And...Jesse fell out of the boat and into the water. Although I have been assured that this was a very brief dip into the water, Jesse has shown ABSOLUTELY NO interest in going fishing again. Until this past weekend when Daddy and Trey were going. So Daddy promised that he would take Jesse today. And...Jesse loved it. They fished on the bank. They fished out of the boat. Jesse paddled the water with his hand. Jesse paddled with a paddle. AND...Jesse caught both of the keeper fish!


Once we got home from picking Trey up at school it was time to make Daddy's birthday pie. Daddy is diabetic and it's a lot easier to whip up a low sugar chocolate pie than cake and as long as the boys get to have a hand in making it (and eating it) they don't care what we make so we made a chocolate cream pie and it was YUMMY!




Look at those rosy cheeks...can you tell Daddy forgot the sunscreen earlier!
My silly monkey...always full of laughter.




Labels:
Phil's birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment