Monday, September 7, 2009

My Barefoot Farmer

I spent a lot of time telling you about how horrible it was being a working mom and how Jesse was just NOT adjusting to our new routine. I hope that you didn't mind all my long, windy posts and I truly do hope that it helped someone out there. Blogging about it truly was a life saver for me! It let me vent and gain perspective all at the same time and I walked away feeling much less stressed. So thank you for reading!

It was an extremely long two weeks. However, towards the end of the second week an amazing thing happened. When I wrote this on Wednesday I was seriously thinking about pulling Jesse out of school. That's how bad it was. Wednesday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! But (knock on wood) it's the last bad day that we've had. Thursday morning he went in like a pro and had a terrific day. And he's kept it up ever since! I am so proud of him! And I am so thankful to all of you because I know that there were prayers being sent up and that my baby boy, as amazing as he is, did not make this miraculous, overnight transformation all on his own. God was right there with us and HE turned it around!

Sometime during those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad couple of weeks, Phil told Jesse that if he would be not give Mama a hard time when being dropped off in the mornings and be good at school and NOT wet/poop in his pants, then he could skip school one day and spend the day driving the tractor with Daddy. Well, we've had some bad weather and it's taken a while to work out a day, but this past Thursday was finally the day! Jesse stayed home with Daddy and went to the store and got chips, cookies, and YooHoos, and went to the warehouse, and drove the tractor in the hay field. ALL. DAY. LONG. And surprisingly, it went really well! Phil said that he was amazingly good and they both had a fantastic time! He came home tired and dirty and while you can't see it in the pictures, completely barefoot! But most importantly he came home happy and that's the best gift a Mommy (who still feels guilty over going back to work) can receive!


No comments: