Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie

A family favorite and oft requested recipe: Chicken Pot Pie!
I've often been told I make the best one evaaar!!!
I think it's because I use a combination of fresh & frozen vegtables & no canned vegetables.


Ingredients:

Chicken (whatever is on sale—whole chicken or breasts)
Carrots, chopped into bite size pieces
Potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
Frozen kernel corn
Frozen sweet peas
Frozen onion (already diced)
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of celery
Bisquick
Milk


To Make:

Boil the chicken. Once it is boiled tear/cut it into bite size pieces. Save the broth!

In the chicken broth boil the carrots and potatoes until tender.

Once the carrots and potatoes are almost done, add the corn, sweet peas, and onion.

Set aside about 2 cups of broth.

Drain most of the broth off of the vegetables.

Add chicken, cream of mushroom, and cream of celery.

Mixture should be somewhat soupy. If it is not, add some broth back to it.

Pour mixture into a baking dish.

Mix ¼ - ½ cup chicken broth, Bisquick, and milk to make topping. I honestly don’t measure. If you like thicker crusts use less liquid and more Bisquick. If you like thinner crusts use more liquid and less Bisquick. My boys aren’t big fans of the crust so my topping is very liquidly. Pour Bisquick mixture evenly over chicken & vegetables.

Place in oven and cook at 350 for about 25 minutes until top is golden brown & cooked through.

No comments: