Several months ago I came across this recipe for snow pops. This was my second time in a matter of weeks of hearing about snow pops and my mouth was watering. Then, one of my fourth grader’s mom made some for our class Christmas party and I knew I had to try it out. So, one Saturday early in January I was feeling industrious and I decided to try them out. I followed the online recipe exactly! I even made the homemade cream cheese icing!!! The only exceptions I did make to the recipe is that I didn’t put the snowballs on sticks and I used the candy melts found in the wedding section at WalMart instead of the chocolate that she uses. Needless to say, they were a BIG hit with my family. My hubby suggested that I make them again except he wanted me to make them with brownies instead of cake mix. So a couple weeks later I made them again, this time for the February birthday celebration at church. Then I made them again for both mine and Trey’s class Valentine’s. They turned out so cute! I must warn you that they are extremely rich…but oh so good!!!
Brownie Bites
Bake brownies (the really fudgey kind), following the directions on the box.
Once brownies are baked and cooled, crumble them into little bits and pieces.
Make a batch of cream cheese frosting.
Combine:
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
6 T. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
1T. cream (or milk)
3 cups powdered sugar
I added the cream cheese frosting, a big spoonful at the time, to the brownie crumbles (until all the brownies were moistened with the frosting and was moldable like dough), combining well.
I formed the brownie mixture into balls, put them on a plate and refrigerated them.
While they were chilling, I melted 2 bags of white chocolate candy melts on medium power in the microwave. I have found that the candy melts in the wedding section at WalMart work best for me. I cannot seem to use almond bark or any of the other meltable white chocolate found in the baking section of the grocery stores. I scorch it every time. I am a solid fan of candy melts! If you wish you could use food coloring and make your snow balls fun colors. I didn’t. I have however, used the milk chocolate candy melts. They were yummy too!
Dip the brownie balls into the chocolate completely coating them. Place on wax paper to dry.
Put sprinkles all over the snow balls quickly before the candy started to harden.
By the way, you can go here and see all of her posts about snow pops. There are several posts (check out the comment section) that tell about blog readers modifications to the recipe and a post about how her sister made red velvet snow pops! They all look yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment