Friday, April 22, 2011

Precious little fingers…

Our Easter, as well as  our spring break, is off to a fantastic start!  First day of break and the boys have already baked and decorated cookies with Ay-ee, colored eggs with Mama, colored eggs with Cora Jane and Vera Kate, hunted eggs with Cora Jane, Vera Kate, and Whit, and tried out Grandma & Da’s new paddleboat!  Whew!  What a day we’ve had!  And between our adventures today and the boys school egg hunts I’m already at well over 200 photos commemorating our 2011 Easter!   But tonight I’m only going to share my three favorites…the ones I took of my boys precious little fingers today while we were coloring eggs.

IMG_1850 IMG_1873IMG_1876

Yes, these are my favorite photos from today.  However, as I look at my babies precious fingers it reminds me of the sacrifice that was made for each one of us on that first Good Friday.  I can not imagine my babies precious hands with nails driven through them.  But God did.  He allowed His Son to be tortured.  To have nails driven through His hands.  So that I could spend eternity with Him.  How amazing God’s love is that He would sacrifice His Son for me.  As you celebrate Easter, remember that it’s not about the eggs, the chocolate, bunnies , or baskets. It is about the new life we have in Christ, the gift that He freely gave to each of us.

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.
Amazing love,
How can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it’s true.
It’s my joy to honor You,
In all I do, I honor You.
(Amazing Love sung by Chris Tomlin)

May you each have a blessed Easter!

Christy

No comments: