Today my big boy is 9 1/2 years old. Oh. MY. Only 6 more months till we hit double digits! I do NOT think I am ready for that!!! And to make matters worse for this emotional Mama, Monday he starts FOURTH GRADE!!! I KNOW I’m not ready for that!!! To celebrate the 9 1/2 mark, here’s a look back at how we celebrated his 9th birthday.
Trey’s birthday fell on a Sunday this year. To celebrate, he didn’t want a big party…he just wanted a spend the night party. So on Saturday the 5th, after the Upwards basketball game, we had Mason come home with us. It was our first spend the night event and we had a blast!!!
After the ballgame, we went to DQ for lunch. Then it was home for wii games, ds games, and wrestling. Trey looks so pale in these photos. Reason is that he fell hard on the basketball court and had a big ole knot on the back of his head:-( He probably had a concussion too, but men being men, his Daddy told him to shake it off:-(
Saturday night we took the three boys to Village Pizza and let them play the arcade games to their heart’s content. They. were. in. heaven.
Sunday morning dawned and with it Trey’s actual 9th birthday!!! And Superbowl Sunday. And favorite team Sunday at church! The kids were up bright and early and ready to go! Go play on the computer that is:-)
After church we headed to Papa and Ay-ee’s for lunch, birthday cake, and presents!!!
All that partying wore us out, but we weren’t done yet! We still had more celebrating to do for Trey & a very special 1st birthday coming up in the following days! What can I say…we’re party people!!!
to be continued tomorrow…
No comments:
Post a Comment