So I totally missed my baby's birthday here on the blog! But never fear, we celebrated all week long! Here is what I posted on facebook on the big day...
"Eight years ago today it was Good Friday. I had not seen my doctor in over a week because he had been out of town, so I had his first appointment that morning. I was feeling great and Jesse wasn't due for a few more weeks, so I told Phil that he could just stay home with Trey because the doctor was going to tell me that it was going to be at least another week before our baby boy would come. I ...had plans to go to my appointment, come home and clean the house, and then color eggs with Trey and get ready for all our Easter activities that weekend. At my appointment my doctor very quickly decided that I needed to head for the hospital. I begged him to let me go home first and get ready and promised that I would come back that afternoon. I wasn't feeling any pains, and I so didn't want to go the hospital by myself! However, the doctor refused, so I obeyed and off to the hospital I went. I've often said that if I had not had an appointment that morning, Jesse probably would have been born at home or on the side of the road. Thankfully he was an easy delivery and at 5:03 that Good Friday our baby boy burst into our world and he's been keeping us on our toes ever since! He is my little wild child who isn't afraid of much and he's had that mischievous gleam in his eyes since day one! He has a sweet and kind heart, and he loves big! He loves to snuggle but not for long because he's got too much to do to sit still. He takes great pride in annoying his big brother, and can't stand it when Trey isn't home. He is most definitely Mama's boy, but there are also times when no one but Daddy will do! He's had us wrapped since day one and we wouldn't have it any other way. He is our Jesse and I can't imagine our lives without him! Happy 8th birthday baby boy!!! Mama loves you to past Pluto and back again!!!"

No comments:
Post a Comment