Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Fishing Buddies

We spent a wonderful Labor Day weekend at the beach! However, we spent very little time actually at the beach because this trip the boys were all about fishing. This was Jesse's first, official fishing trip at the ocean. He and I briefly joined Daddy and Trey several years ago so that Mommy could take some pictures, but he was just a little thing then so of course it doesn't count. Needless to say, he loved it and Daddy now has two fishing buddies! Daddy and Trey got up before the sun on Sunday and Monday and headed out, then I took Jesse and dropped him at the boat ramp around lunch so that he could spend the afternoon with the boys. And Mama...well, I got a couple of afternoons all to myself!



The boys getting ready to head out on Sunday.



There they go...



The big catch...

Jesse with the BIG fish that he caught &

Trey with the biggest fish that they caught all weekend, a red drum.



The boys with their Monday catch!



I must give a very BIG SHOUT OUT here, because I am a very blessed woman!!! I am very thankful for a hubby & a daddy to my boys that goes that extra mile (actually he went about 150 extra miles) to make sure that our Labor Day trip was not ruined and to spend this wonderful time with our boys. You see it turned out that Phil had to unexpectedly work on Saturday...so he drove down with us Friday night and helped get us all settled, came home Saturday morning to work, and then drove back down Saturday night when he was done. What a wonderful man the Lord has provided me and my children with!

1 comment:

McD said...

YAY! I can't believe what a big boy Jesse is now.