Saturday, January 16, 2010

Way Back When...

This past week friends on facebook asked everyone to post flashback pictures from way back when. This picture was handy because it's been on my refrigerator ever since we found it when going thorough Grandma Lorene's things. This would be Phil's senior/my junior prom in the spring of 1993. It reminds me of a simpler time, and also reminds me of how far we have come. The girl in this photo would never have dreamed that the journey to today would have been so full of twists and turns. And while the journey to today has not always been a smooth ride, I am so thankful that it has brought me to this day and to this life that I now have. One thing has not changed over the years though and that is our shameless love...Phil has been singing Garth Brooks' Shameless to me for almost 20 years (okay, WOW, I feel really old now!). It is our song...he sang it to me while we dated in high school, Shameless is inscribed inside his wedding band, it was our first dance at our wedding, and yes, he still sings it to me. And while she didn't realize it way back then, the girl in this photo was very blessed indeed, just as I am today!

1 comment:

Joe, Lara, Xavier, Walt and Karsyn Hayes~Tess, Zach, Morgan and Addy said...

I Love it!!! It doesn't get any better than the "Shameless" inside his wedding band. How special is that??
Amazing...