Today was our last full day of vacation and we packed a lot in…back to school shopping, lunch at Chick-Fil-A, the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, and exploring around Jekyll Island.
Trey and I visited the Sea Turtle Center this past spring on a school field trip. We enjoyed it so much that we knew we had to bring Jesse back this summer. I must say that it was even better today! We got to roam around at our own pace and see so much. We saw them working on Carter, a green sea turtle and got to see them feeding Amy, another green sea turtle. Amy’s legs were paralyzed when they found her but thanks to the doctors and staff at the hospital she is improving. Feedings are part of her physical therapy. They put her food into this indestructible ball and she must bat it around to get the food to fall out. Then she has to dive to the bottom of the tank to eat it. She has a difficult time diving because her partial paralysis makes her swim differently than other sea turtles. It was such an interesting experience and I learned so much (& I hope the boys did too).
No comments:
Post a Comment