Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pool Side

So how did we spend the very first day of our summer vacation??? Swimming, of course! School let out before lunch on Thursday and I worked until late trying to wrap everything up in my classroom so that I could play on Friday!!! I did have to go in for a couple of hours, but by lunch time we were at Grandma and Da's enjoying the pool with Aunt Janie, Cora Jane, Vera Kate, Whit, and our good friends the McClintocks! What a wonderful way to kick off summer! And this, this is how we've spent most of the summer---pool side!

Jesse DuRant chose this day to swim without his swimmies! Oh. My. Goodness! How he stressed me out! I could barely carry on a conversation for jumping up every time he got off the steps! He's come a long way this summer and is now swimming like a fish!

Cora Jane

Trey

Jesse jumping in without his swimmies!

Whitman...Don't you just love his concentration!

Mason

Trey & Whitman

Micah

Jesse jumping in without swimmies again!

I just love this photo of Lily! She didn't know WHAT Whit was up to!

Lilah & Vera Kate

Nothing like a little pool side baseball! The kids, both big and little, had so much fun!

And here is a short video of my baby Jesse swimming without his swimmies for the first time! What a great way to start summer!

We've only got a few weeks of summer left and we plan to enjoy every minute of it! I pray that each of you is also having an awesome summer!

No comments: