Saturday, March 24, 2012

Going Wild

On Wednesday, March 21st, we took the fourth, fifth, and sixth graders on a field trip to Wild Adventures!!!  The kids were beyond excited and I was extremely blessed that so many of my wonderful parents joined us that I was able to spend some fabulous one on one time with my big boy!

IMG_6671 IMG_6682IMG_6677IMG_6680 IMG_6679

Trey did enjoy a few rides (and I even rode the Ant Farm rollercoaster with him), but he was mostly interested in learning all about the animals!

IMG_6690ScancrIMG_6703 IMG_6686IMG_6692IMG_6698IMG_6696

Trey really enjoyed the train ride through “Asia” and “Africa” and was amazed that Wild Adventures is home to the oldest Asian elephant in North America (the third oldest in the whole world)!  I was amazed to learn that giraffes only sleep about EIGHT minutes a day!!!  Imagine what all we could get done if we only slept 8 minutes a day.

IMG_6700 IMG_6709IMG_6713IMG_6704 IMG_6708IMG_6706IMG_6705IMG_6707

We visited the petting zoo and feed the Lorikeets.  And Trey got a good laugh when one of the Lorikeets snatched the cup of nectar right out of his hand!

IMG_6718IMG_6715 IMG_6716IMG_6721IMG_6720IMG_6722IMG_6723

Our favorite wild encounter though was feeding the giraffe!!!  When we fed the giraffes at the zoo last year, Trey was a little skittish.  All that skittishness was gone this time though.  My baby is growing up!

IMG_6726IMG_6724IMG_6725 IMG_6727IMG_6701IMG_6699IMG_6714 

It was wonderful day going wild!

No comments: