Monday, July 2, 2012

Honor’s Day 2012

May 17th…It was hard to believe that the year was over.

IMG_7457

Hannah, Emily, Makiddian, Annalise, Anna, Rebekah, Trey, and Andrea

IMG_7458

Trey leading the pledge to the Christian flag.

IMG_7463

The students did a great job singing.

IMG_7468IMG_7476IMG_7471

After the singing, it was time for the awards.

IMG_7479

Trey received the Principal’s Award for having a 97 or higher average in every subject for the year!  And pardon the bragging but he actually had a 100 average in every subject except language.

IMG_7480

Trey also received the math, history, spelling, science, and Bible awards, as well as the Most Curious Student award, the Golden Rule award, and a superior rating in watercolor painting at the GACS Fine Arts Festival.

 IMG_7486

We are so proud and so incredibly blessed to call Trey our son!

IMG_7485

IMG_7488

I am incredibly proud of all my fourth graders!  It was an amazing year!

IMG_7495

Trey and his teacher, Mrs. Tyre.

IMG_7496

Mason spent the night with us so that he could come to Honor’s Day.

IMG_7501 

All the Tyre kids did an awesome job this year!  We are so proud of each one of them!

IMG_7502

And we couldn’t end the year without a silly photo!

IMG_7493

To say I was nervous when this school year started would be a tremendous understatement!  I wasn’t sure at all how it would go with Trey being in my class.  Not to mention teaching all these kids that I have known since they were 4 and 5 years old.  To them I was just Trey’s Mom.  Nope, I wasn’t sure how this year would go at all.  And it was most definitely a challenging year.  But it was also a wonderful and fantastic year.  It was an awesome way to end my fourth grade teaching career, which is over, at least for now.  Change is good and I can’t wait to see what this next year holds for us!

No comments: