Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Snapshot

I have been really slack with my blogging over the last year and a half.  A lot has changed in our lives and my three boys have kept me running.  I still take a ton of photos but just haven't had the time, energy, or motivation to post.  Since it's a new year, I thought I would try to get back to blogging at least a little bit.  Hopefully, I can keep you up to date with monthly snapshots. I can't believe that the first month of 2014 is already gone.  This time with my boys is passing way too quickly but I'm really enjoying this time in our lives.  Hopefully, you'll enjoy this little snapshot of our lives.


We had a sleepover complete with s'mores!
 

We added goats to our menagerie of farm animals.
Yogurt and her babies Cocoa and Milky & our very pregnant Hershey.
 

We began working on our landscaping &
Jesse learned to climb the large magnolias in our yard.
We enjoyed a fabulous game night at church.

We visited General Coffee State Park and learned about farm life in the late 1800s.
We worked on the farm,
& we made biscuits from scratch & cooked them over an open fire.
Our lunch also consisted of eggs, with spices from the garden,
ham, and baked apples all cooked over the open fire.
We were heartbroken that our beloved Milky didn't survive.
We moved in one of my Grandma's rockers &
thanks to Aunt Dot it is beautifully recovered.
All my boys claim it as "THEIR" chair.
Yogurt's milk appeared to be drying up,
so we started bottle feeding Cocoa.
We were thrilled when Hershey finally gave birth to
our newest babies, Velvet & Crumbles.

So there's a quick look at our January.  We were busy as always and enjoyed a lot of new adventures.  We also celebrated Trey's 12th birthday a couple of weeks early, but I'll give that a post all of it's own.

No comments: