Last Saturday night we took the boys to the local county fair. I wasn't real sure what to expect from Jesse. Last year we bought him the ride everything bracelet and he rode nothing...not even the carousal. To add to my uncertainty is the fact that lately my fearless daredevil has become quite the scaredy cat...literally! He's afraid of cats, and KITTENS, and dogs, and pretty much anything that moves. My two nieces have this cute little "Fur Real Pony". It's about as tall as Jesse. And...he won't even go into their playroom if it's in there. My sister in law has to move it every time we come over. Really...

this pony right here, scares the boy to death!
So armed with all this information, I was really, really, really hesitant to spend the $20 to buy him an all you can ride hand stamp. But, Daddy thought it was the best way to go. And...for once he was right! Jesse not only rode the carousal twice...

But he rode the Ferris Wheel...

and this race car ride which slung them around one of the curves...

and some tugboat thing, that I thought was going to be like a tame version of the Flying Dutchman, but instead turned out to be a ride that slung them around and around in all directions. I couldn't get a good picture because of all the movement, but I could hear Jesse's squeals of laughter and see his big ole smile every time it turned my way!


This is Jesse, slinging a fit because he wasn't big enough to ride the bumper cars with Trey!

But he was finally mollified by getting to ride the animal train again.

So, at least for the night of the fair, my fearless daredevil was back. And the fact that we had to spend $20 on each child to get the ride everything hand stamp was evened out a bit by the fact that all the ride operators let Phil and I ride for free...even the Ferris Wheel and the bumper cars. Of course, we didn't realize this would be the case so we did also put down $9 on individual tickets...oh well, we'll know better next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment