Otherwise known as St. Simon's Island, Day 5
Well, actually we spent the day on Jekyll Island at Summer Waves.
On Friday we visited Summer Waves. Once we learned the layout it was really cool and I could've gotten some really cool pictures, but...
my camera got fried on the second ride we went on...a water slide.
Now, hubby can't understand why I took the camera on a water slide and you may be wondering the same thing. Well, it's like this...I really didn't think I'd be going on any rides because of Jesse. When Jesse and I decided to go to down one of the innertube slides I thought I'd be safe. And I would have been...if I'd left the camera in my hand. But I had to take off my hat and glasses, so I put the glasses and the camera in the hat and sat it in my lap. Still everything would have been fine...my lap only got wet once...at the very beginning when the lifeguard shoved us down the slide and the water jet that pushes us on our merry way bubbled over the tube. I still thought I might be okay...the camera still took a few pictures after the incident..but it slowly died. Oh well, live and learn...I wanted a new camera anyway.
Well, actually we spent the day on Jekyll Island at Summer Waves.
On Friday we visited Summer Waves. Once we learned the layout it was really cool and I could've gotten some really cool pictures, but...
my camera got fried on the second ride we went on...a water slide.
Now, hubby can't understand why I took the camera on a water slide and you may be wondering the same thing. Well, it's like this...I really didn't think I'd be going on any rides because of Jesse. When Jesse and I decided to go to down one of the innertube slides I thought I'd be safe. And I would have been...if I'd left the camera in my hand. But I had to take off my hat and glasses, so I put the glasses and the camera in the hat and sat it in my lap. Still everything would have been fine...my lap only got wet once...at the very beginning when the lifeguard shoved us down the slide and the water jet that pushes us on our merry way bubbled over the tube. I still thought I might be okay...the camera still took a few pictures after the incident..but it slowly died. Oh well, live and learn...I wanted a new camera anyway.


This would be slide that killed my camera. And this picture was taken after the incident.

The very last picture that my camera ever took. I am so very thankful that although it died, it protected my memory card and all the many, many pictures that I had taken over the past week. May it rest in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment