Friday, October 2, 2009

And be not conformed to this world...

I've spent the past two days at the Georgia Association of Christian Schools conference in Macon, GA. I was looking forward to it, but I wasn't sure what to expect from it. I had heard lots of good things, but as someone new going in, I was a little unsure. I must say I was blown away! It far exceeded my expectations, took me out of my comfort zone, and made me look at my life...as a Mama, as a teacher, as a wife, as a CHRISTIAN! The speakers were not just inspiring, but they were POWERFULLY INSPIRING and while I know I will never capture their powerfulness here, I hope that I can convey some of their inspiration.

Our theme for the conference was: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 And our first speaker Thursday morning jumped right in. He challenged us to not ENDURE the will of God but to ENJOY the will of God! That we must make our bodies available, acceptable, and adaptable to the will of God! That we must pray to God with no will of our own, for if God is not doing something FOR YOU (answering your prayers) then He is doing something IN YOU so that He can do something great THROUGH YOU!!! Our minds must be transformed, not just conformed to the will of God because whatever you are on the inside is going to come out when you are cracked and/or broken, and we are all cracked and broken pots at some point. What do you leak out of your cracks? Anger. Bitterness. Jealousy. or JESUS! For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. Proverbs 23:7

1 comment:

Janie said...

Love it! So glad you had such an uplifting experience! Thanks for sharing such an inspiring message with us...its definitly got me thinking!
Janie