Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas parties, Christmas parties, Christmas parties…

Tis the season for Christmas parties, and we had lots of them to enjoy this Christmas!  The ladies of our Heart & Home women’s group held our annual Christmas party on December 13th at the Blueberry Inn.  Despite the fact that they lost our reservation, were out of anything that had chicken or steak in it and ran out of any kind of potato except for fries halfway through taking our orders, did not have enough help working and provided extremely slow service…yes, despite ALL that, we still had a great time.  My good friend, Lora, and I agreed that we were just happy to be out at a restaurant enjoying adult company WITHOUT any kids:-)  Truth be told though, our Heart and Home group is comprised of a great group of ladies and we always have a good time when we’re together…no matter what the circumstances are!

PC130945

PC130958

Thursday, December 16th was our last day of school so the boys and I all had parties in our classrooms!  It was a wonderful day filled with food, friendship, more food, and Santa!

PC160963
To kick off the third grade party, Trey and his classmates made a nativity scene ornament and I got to sneak in for a few minutes and watch.  Afterwards they had their gift exchange and Trey was very excited to receive the movie Home Alone.

The third grade also had lots of yummy food to enjoy!  I didn’t eat any though because I had plenty of yummy food myself down in the fourth grade room, including snowball pops made from crumbled up cake and icing.  I’ve seen several recipes for these recently and I’m going to have to try my hand at them.  They are delish!!!  After Trey’s party, he got to go home with Ah-ee and watch his new movie, and I (after completing some work and hanging around for a few hours) got to go enjoy Jesse’s party with him.

The preschool kids actually partied all day!  Jesse was most excited about the happy meals that they got for lunch and his new Georgia Bulldog that he had received when they opened their gifts.  When I arrived he couldn’t wait to drag me out into the hallway and show me!  He was also very excited about Santa’s visit!  When I arrived, the kids were settling down to listen to a story while they waited on Santa…

Suddenly they heard that someone was coming, and they all got very still and quiet…

The big guy had arrived and all the kids were very excited to sit in his lap and tell him all about their wish lists…

Jesse’s friends were all taking turns sitting with Santa.  But where was Jesse?  The little boy who just moments earlier had been brimming with excitement was hiding and not wanting to go see Santa.  However, since I had been hanging around school for THREE hours waiting on the big guy to arrive, I was determined that Jesse was going to take his turn.  After much begging, pleading, and cajoling, I finally got Jesse to sit on Santa’s lap for a brief photo!

PC160985
And it was a brief moment!  Once Jesse had taken his photo, he was ready to head home and start our Christmas vacation!!!  No school for SEVENTEEN days (including weekends).  Yippee!!!

No comments: