Several years ago, I heard about these cute (and really simple and super easy) reindeer cookies. Trey and I made them that year, and my boys and I have made them every year since…a very tasty Christmas tradition!
They are so simple that the boys do most of the work themselves. Should you want to make your own reindeer cookies all you need is a roll of cookie dough, M & Ms, and pretzels. I usually use sugar cookie dough, but this year I accidently picked up chocolate chip dough so our reindeer had freckles:-) To make the reindeer, you slice the dough into circles and gently pinch the middle to make the head shape. Then add pretzel antlers, M & M eyes and nose, and bake according to package directions. Easy, easy, easy and Santa loves ‘em!
Last week, my very creative scrapbooking and blogging buddy Nancy , posted about making snowman pops with her girls. She had borrowed the idea from another blog, and the pops looked so cute and so easy that I decided to borrow the idea from her and make snowman pops with my boys. So while I was picking up cookie dough, M & Ms, and pretzels for reindeer cookies, I also picked up small wooden dowels, marshmallows, white chocolate candy melts, and mini M & Ms for snowmen pops. (You could use almond bark instead of candy melts but I found that candy melts work much, much better. You can find them in the wedding section of the craft section at WalMart. I also got the small, wooden dowels in the craft section.) Then all you have to do is place three marshmallows per wooden dowel, melt the candy melts and completely coat the marshmallows, quickly place mini M & M eyes, nose, and buttons, and place on wax paper to dry. Once dry I placed them in individual clear party bags (also found in the craft section) and they were ready to hand out. And they were soooooooo very yummy!!! Especially with hot chocolate! Wa-la! A new Christmas tradition was born!
Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. Yes, I have frequently blogged about how much I love summer. And I do! But Christmas has been my favorite since I was a little girl and it’s wonderfulness has only increased since I became a Mama and we began making our very own family traditions. My boys love spending time in the kitchen making goodies, and I love spending time with them making memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment