Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rough Weekend

Last Thursday was the boys’ last day of school.  Summer fun was lying just ahead.  And.  Jesse came down with a nasty virus Thursday morning.  It was a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.  And night.  And next day.  And…well, it went on and on and on.  He was violently ill for 3 days, didn’t eat at all for four days, and still isn’t back to 100% yet.  And to top it off we spent most of Jesse’s  illness camped out at Papa & Ay-ee’s because our air conditioner went out making it H.O.T. at our house.  AND.  To top it off even more, Jesse broke out in hives on Saturday night.  I’m tellin’ ya, it was a rough weekend!  B.A.D.

IMG_2724

And naturally, after being so violently ill for so long and not eating for days my baby lost a lot of weight.  He didn’t even look like himself.  He had us all very worried. 

IMG_2726

    IMG_2731

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2733

Thankfully my baby managed to stay hydrated in spite of it all.  And the hives went away after a bath and a dose of Benadryl.  And although he is a little on the thin side Jesse is doing so much better!  And the wonderful air conditioner man came on Monday and installed a new, bigger air conditioner.  And even when I was worried, tired, and frustrated , I was still able to get a glimpse of brotherly love.

IMG_2734 
God is good.  ALL the time!  And I thank Him for healing my baby boy!

No comments: