Listening to AFR in the afternoons, I often heard the host, Meeke Addison talking about recipes viewers had sent in and how yummy they were. So a couple of months ago I joined her recipe club and now every Thursday I get a new recipe in my inbox to try out. I must say that they are usually very easy to make and always very yummy! You can join in on the fun too by emailing Meeke your name and email address to meeke@afr.net.
One of the first recipes I received was Mallory’s Chicken Supreme Broccoli and it has quickly become a family favorite. I followed the recipe fairly closely but as always had to add my own touch to it.
The Original Recipe:
What You Need:
2- 1lb packs of frozen chopped broccoli (cooked) (Tiny Flowerets are the best)
1-16oz pint of sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 can cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken (I use cream of mushroom)
¼ cup parmesan cheese
2 cups (1- sleeve) crushed Ritz crackers
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 well-beaten egg
¼ cup butter melted
2 or 3 cups of diced cooked chicken breast (I use canned chicken)
What You Do:
In a bowl beat egg. Add sour cream mayo, soup and onion soup mix.
Then add melted butter mix in the chicken and broccoli.
Grease casserole dish and pour mixture in dish and top with cracker crumbs. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Then top with parmesan cheese.
What I Did Differently:
I cooked two packages of Uncle Ben’s wild rice and placed it on the bottom of the casserole dish. Then I layered the broccoli mixture on top of the rice. I placed the Ritz crackers on top of the broccoli mixture and baked for 20 minutes. Then, I put a layer of cheese, using a shredded three cheese blend instead of parmesan and baked another 5 minutes.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment