Last Thursday I celebrated my birthday. Most of you know, when you reach a certain age, such as when you've been celebrating your 29th birthday for a number of years, birthdays just aren't as exciting as they once were. My boys don't understand this concept of course, and get very excited about any birthday, especially if it means cake. I shared recently that my hubby got my birthday present (a camera) a few weeks early so that I could enjoy taking Halloween pictures with it. Therefore, I wasn't expecting much on my actual birthday. Boy was I surprised! My birthday this year was celebrated grandly and I was/am overwhelmed at the outpouring of love that I received. On my birthday, I shared with you the surprise birthday greeting that came with the newspaper. Well, my students and their wonderful parents didn't stop there. When I walked into the lunchroom on Thursday, after being temporarily delayed by a grandparent, the students, parents, and grandparents surprised me with a little party. The entire lunchroom started singing "Happy Birthday", while my students stood with cake and presents. I was so overwhelmed! The fact that parents and grandparents took the time and effort to plan and throw a lunchtime party was a very humbling experience. One Mom said that they just couldn't let my birthday go by without doing something, and another told me how much her grandson loved coming to school and wanted to do the best that he could to make me proud. It was an experience that I will always remember!
My beautiful and delicious cake made for me by one of my student's grandmother.
My fabulous class with all their surprises.
Thursday night we had dinner at Mama & Mitchel's and of course, more cake!
As you can see I lead a truly blessed life. I am surrounded by family, friends, co-workers, students, and parents who take time out of their day to make my day special. Who could ask for anything more!
No comments:
Post a Comment