Saturday, November 21, 2009

Why I Began This Blog...

It was nearly fifteen months ago when I started this blog. Why? Well, for the past 6 years I have been an avid scrapbooker. Now before Trey was born, I knew nothing about scrapbooking, and had absolutely no interest in it. While I was pregnant with Trey, my wonderful cousin, Mary, gave me a fabulous gift that I didn't appreciate near enough at the time...Trey's first year in scrapbooks. That's right, I took the pictures, turned them over to her, and she did all the work! I don't think she knew quite what she was getting into with me and all my MANY, MANY pictures. I certainly didn't know what a wonderful gift she had given me. However, by the end of that first year I was hooked. And now... I love to scrapbook all of my boys pictures and you know that I take A LOT of them! Unfortunately, since Jesse joined our family, I have not scrapbooked near as much as I once did. Yes, I am still working on his first 3 months! I know, bad mama! Well, just as Mary got me hooked on scrapbooking, she got me hooked on blogging. She began a blog at the very end of 2007 and I became a daily reader. When Trey was born we lived fairly close to each other and she was one of the few people that I trusted to watch my baby boy. However, now we live so far apart, and we rarely get to see each other and catch up, but through her blog I got a chance to read all about her adventures and got to "know" her hubby, Marc. After about 7 months, I decided to start a blog of my own for two reasons. I wanted an easy way to keep the family updated on our little ones, and I also wanted to have place to journal all of our adventures for my boys...especially since I don't seem to be doing a very good job of keeping their scrapbooks updated. So I started our family blog, and since then I have shared lots of our adventures. In fact, this marks my 200th post! Wow! I never dreamed when I started this little blog that I would ever fill up 200 posts, but I have. Thank you all so much for sharing in our adventures and I can't wait to see what the next 200 posts will bring. I also can't wait to have all this printed up into a book that I can give my boys...because after all...it is all about them!


Coffee General State Park
November 2009

2 comments:

McD said...

I am glad I can be such a good influence :-)

I love that I can keep up with the boys even if we don't live close to each other anymore. Yay for blogging!

McD said...

And congrats on 200!