The Saturday that I was running around with the boys doing Christmas play practice, pizza, and parade, Phil headed to Jekyll Island to compete. He was a last minute substitution because the person that FB had scheduled to compete backed out, and Phil has some good friends (& a brother) that are heavily involved in Farm Bureau and he wanted to help them out if he could. He really wasn't expecting to do very well, although I had told him that no matter what the topic is, he can definitely argue his point better and longer than anyone I know. He was actually kinda dreading the whole thing...and so was I! Turns out he enjoyed it...I knew he would...he LOVES a good argument! Not only that, but he was FIRST RUNNER UP!!! The boys and I are so proud of him and he is now hoping that he's able to compete again next year. Hopefully if he does, my schedule will be a little less hectic and I can join him. Plus, (and here's the really big blessing part, where God answers our prayers) the cash prize he won pretty much paid for all of our expenditures on the cruise! It couldn't have come at a better time and we are very thankful that God provided him with this opportunity! It never ceases to amaze me how if we just turn loose and let God have control, He will provide for us everything we need. However I must tell you that what Phil brags about the most are that one he's still considered a YOUNG farmer and two that he is now smaller than his little brother (for the first time in his life) and was able to borrow Cory's pants (that he can no longer wear) for the competition. Yes, that last one is his biggest bragging point and he mentions far more often than he should. Ahhh, brotherly love...ain't it grand!
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:6
No comments:
Post a Comment