Sunday, September 12, 2010

EGYPT: Joseph’s Journey from Prison to Palace

As soon as we got home from camping it was time to dive into VBS!  Our theme this year was all things Egypt and our teachers & planners had lots of fun things in store for all the kiddos.  They made bricks from mud, wrapped each other up like mummies, got to play lots of water games, dressed up like Joseph, and more all while learning about Joseph’s incredible journey!  I was blessed to lead the 3 & 4 year olds (a.k.a. Jesse’s class) this year and enjoyed every minute with them.  It also gave me the opportunity to get loads of photos, especially of Jesse & his friends.  Since I took so very many photos (so unlike me I know:-) most of the photo albums have lots more photos to view if you’ll click on the “view full album” link!  So sit back, take your time, and enjoy our journey through Egypt.

P6080405

P6100449 P6100451

Jesse’s Class





P6110464 P6110495

The boys led the girls in giving this year right up until the last night!  However, the girls were amazingly generous on that last night giving them a major win!  And that means that Bro. Eric got the pie in the face again!  Although he did manage to get some on Mrs. Lora too!

Joseph replied, "Don't be afraid. Do I act for God? Don't you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now—life for many people. Easy now, you have nothing to fear; I'll take care of you and your children." He reassured them, speaking with them heart-to-heart.  Genesis 50:19-21, The Message

2 comments:

Helen said...

Christy, you have such a beautiful family, and what you've written about your boys is absolutely heart-warming!

Christy said...

Thanks Helen! They are my heart:-)