Friday, September 17, 2010

No Fear

IMG019
The second week in June (the 14th-18th) Trey headed to church camp and it was no easier to watch him go this year than it was last year!  However, I knew he was in good hands.  And I must say that I am very thankful for the three men that have taken our Pine Level bunch to camp the past two years.  It takes someone very special to spend this week with our kids and we are blessed to have these three in our community and our church.

We all gathered at the church to see them off & before I was ready for it they were on their way!

 

 

 

 

I missed Trey something terrible all week and couldn’t wait to pick him up on Friday!  He was so excited when he got off the van.  He couldn’t wait to show off his new camp shirt and tell us all about it his camp adventures!

Trey managed to keep up with his camera this year although his photo taking skills aren’t completely developed yet.  However, through the technology that is facebook, I met a couple of women who were counselors at camp and they took photos!   So between my three sources, I was able to see some of what my boy was up to during the week! (And I even managed to find a couple of photos from last year’s camp but those will wait for another time:-)

There were a lot of fun & silly times…




But also some serious times…



Okay, maybe the serious times were fun times too…

The speakers during chapel time were Dale & Sandra Bishop who have served as missionaries in Japan since 1975!  And the kids had a ball playing the Japanese games that the Bishop’s brought and learning more about the Japanese culture.  (BTW, Trey says he’s not upset in the photo above, but that the gnats were driving him crazy!)
                                                                                                                                        
IMG024 IMG023

 

 

 

 

Needless to say, my Trey had a great time while he was gone whether he was participating in Bible time, playing with his best bud Mason, playing the silly games, or meeting new friends.  He even met another Trey, which was the first thing he told me when I asked him about camp!  No matter how hard it was for me to let him go & grow, I am so very thankful that he was blessed with this opportunity for a second year!

IMG027

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

No comments: