Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Photo Tuesday with a Story

Over the summer I blogged about frying my camera while at Summer Waves. I was a little sad over the events, but kinda happy too because it meant that I now had a wonderful excuse to get a new camera and I do love a new camera. And I do have a back up camera to tide me over. My back up camera is actually the first digital camera that I ever got. It was my birthday present the year Trey was born, so I've had it since November, 2002. It was one of the best cameras on the market when Phil bought it, but we all know how much technology has changed over the last seven years. Part of the problem with this camera is that it has a mini cd on which it records the pictures. First off, the disk doesn't hold near enough pictures for me and secondly sometimes it acts like a computer and just won't work the way it's supposed to. I have had a cd "go bad" somehow before I was able to download my pictures, and I've also had the camera freeze! I had decided that I was getting a new camera for my birthday because I HAD TO HAVE a new camera before we leave on our Disney cruise in a few weeks. Thursday was Jesse's fall party at school, and Thursday night we carved our pumpkin. And I spent much of my time fussing about my camera...it froze on me when I was trying to take a picture of Jesse and his teacher, it blurred every time the children moved which was almost every picture, it didn't take good pictures if the light was wrong which was pretty much any inside light...I was getting frustrated! Friday morning we got up and headed to school. And on the way, Jesse threw up! I think his tummy was upset because of all the sinus drainage, but I really didn't have time to figure it all out. So, I called Phil and asked him to meet me to pick up Jesse. AND HE REFUSED! Oh, was I mad, although I must admit that I didn't give him much of a chance to explain or to change his mind after I had told him the situation. I simply hung up and called my Mom who came to the rescue! I met her at my house and she got Jesse while I got him a change of clothes, and then she took him to her house while Trey and I went to school. Well, when Jesse came home Friday afternoon he was carrying me a present! It said, "To Mama, From Her Boys, Happy Birthday!" Now my birthday is two weeks away, and Phil usually waits until the last minute to buy my present (and I mean the day of my birthday) but I had been so frustrated about my camera on Thursday night that he snuck up to the warehouse on Thursday night, looked up cameras online, and found out that the closest Wal Mart that had the one we had looked at last week was Douglas. Friday morning, as soon as the boys and I left for school, he scooted out of the house and headed to Douglas, which means that when I called him needing him to meet me he was not in Alma at all, but almost to Douglas to buy my camera! What a prince! So although I was quite peeved with him Thursday night when he disappeared for so long, and even more peeved with him on Friday morning, Friday afternoon I had to forgive him and tell him how wonderful he really is! I am indeed a blessed woman. And guess what...my new camera is WATERPROOF! Although I hope that I never test it's waterproofness:-) Here are the first pictures that I took with my new camera!

This is the picture I took of the boys jumping up and down so that I could test out the image stabilization feature! Look...no blurring!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you! I had completely forgot about your camera this summer! I know about those older cameras. Mine was doing the same thing and thats why Cory got me mine for my bday! They are both princes in my book! The pics look great!