In August 2006 I had to do a very hard thing. In fact it was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. I had to let my baby grow up just a little bit and go off to school! I managed to let him stay 4 whole hours and went to pick him up. And. He wasn’t ready to come home!!! Oh, how that broke my heart. And made it swell it up with pride, love, and adoration all at the same time. And that is how Trey began his school career at ACA. ACA is a small school. So small that there are only 12 students in Trey’s class this year. And while there are some new faces that have come over the years & there are some friends that have left, most of these kiddos have been together since that day in 2006 and that makes for the forging of some close bonds. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for these young people & the ties that will continue to bind them together.
Last Saturday one of Trey’s classmates hosted a costume birthday party and most of the class was in attendance. And needless to say, a good time was had by all, especially Pirate Jesse who didn’t let those older kids intimidate him one bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment