Sunday, November 7, 2010

I am thankful for my family

The Lord above has been so very good to me and He has blessed my life greatly and since it’s November and the season of thankfulness I’ve decided that my posts this month will have a thankful theme.  Today, I am thankful for my family.  I am thankful for my entire family which is spread out all over but today’s post is focusing on how thankful I am for not only my hubby and kids but also my Mama, my step-Dad, my sisters, brothers-in-law, and my sweet, sweet nephew.  Most of my life it was just Mama & me and then in 1998 Mama married Mitchel and I married Phil and our little family was suddenly a much larger blended family!  It hasn’t always been an easy road, but we’ve come a long way over the past 12 years and we have bonded as a true family.  And with three little boys now running around, the quiet days of my childhood are a distant memory.  I never did like quiet anyway:-)

On the Friday before Halloween we had a family fish fry.  The boys got to hang out and play together and they got their Halloween treats from Papa and Ah-ee!  And after the fish fry we decided that we wanted s’mores!  The ingredients on hand were graham crackers, mini-marshmallows, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and Hersey's Dark Chocolate miniatures.  Not exactly your traditional s’mores ingredients but we didn’t care.  So Papa made us a fire & we made s’mores!

Reading our new Halloween stories.

DSC00856

PA290483 Hinson’s “Yoda” gloves didn’t fit him so he gave them to Jesse…which made Jesse very, very happy!  He walked around the rest of the night trying to scare everyone with his “monster” hands!

1 comment:

Lauris said...

Such a sweet post!! I agree 100%!

P.S.~I'm glad you are back to blogging!! I sure have missed it.