Monday, July 18, 2011

Kick, kick, double punch!

IMG_3945

Both boys started SMAC camp today.  Trey has been taking mixed martial arts classes through SMAC  for two (?) years, but this is Jesse’s first experience.  He has been debating taking classes for a while now and after today, he is convinced…he loved it!!!

IMG_3938 IMG_3937

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I was a bit concerned…Jesse can be quite the Mama’s boy (NOT that I’m complaining!!!) and can cling and whine a bit.  And this morning he told his Daddy, “I don’t want to go but Mama signed me up even though I told her I didn’t want to go.”  Of course, he did tell me he wanted to go.  And then he didn’t want to go.  And then he did.  And then he didn’t.  And then…well, you get the idea.  Jesse was definitely waffling on the idea!   However, when we got there, he didn’t even give me a second look…he went right out on the mat and started joining in.  I am so proud of him!

IMG_3934 IMG_3936 IMG_3941 IMG_3947IMG_3948

Of course, I’m sure it helped that Jesse had big brother there to show him the ropes!  Both boys had a blast and can’t wait till tomorrow.  And Jesse.  Well, he’s already been showing off the front kick and double punch that he learned today! 

No comments: